Lancashire Women offer FREE impartial, non-judgmental advice to women in Lancashire if you are worried about any aspect of debt. Our highly qualified Money Advice team are FCA regulated and IMA Certified and have over 50 years of experience among us. We are passionate, friendly and approachable bunch who want to help you improve your situation.
We can help with:
- Budgeting tips covering some simple, immediate improvements you can make (Apply for your free pack today)
- Step by step guide to improving your finances. creating your own budget and saving money
- Creating a plan tailored to your needs empowering you to be more in control of your finances
- Discuss with your debt options and debt advice
We can also help you with specific needs including:
- Benefit appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations and appeals
- Council tax and rent arrears
- Dealing with enforcement agents
- Preparation of financial statements
- Form completion
- Benefit entitlements checks / income maximiser checks
- Activate Debt breathing space (60 days) on your behalf
- We can get you breathing space with your debt through the government regulated service.
- Debt respite scheme
To get support call us or complete our online referral form
Money Worries and Mental Health
There is a direct link between debt and mental health. Money worries can take huge toll on our mental (and sometimes even physical) wellbeing. Our aim is to help you feel empowered to make positive financial decisions so that you can plan your future and achieve your goals with confidence.
Also due to the unique way we are funded, if you live in East Lancashire or Blackpool we may also be able refer you to one-to-one counselling by our mental health team if appropriate.
What to expect
- Complete the Online Referral Form (ticking Money & Energy Advice in question 10)
- One of our friendly team will call you for an initial chat to determine your needs.
- If we feel we can help you we will book an appointment either Face to Face in our centres in Blackpool, Blackburn, Accrington or Burnley to talk through your concerns and decide on a plan of action.
- We can then book in some more sessions to help which your particular needs.
- If we don’t think we can help we will signpost you to one of our partner organisations or to another service within Lancashire Women.