This service can be delivered face to face or by telephone. Our priority is to work with you individually to agree what form of contact is most appropriate to suit your needs and circumstances.
We offer a range of Mental Health & Wellbeing projects which can help improve your mood, build confidence and self esteem, feel better about your mental health and wellbeing and have better relationships with others.
If you are experiencing things such as:
* slightly low in mood
* relationship difficulties
* poor sleep
* low self-esteem & confidence
* unable to control feelings of worry & panic
* worried about changes in your thoughts and behaviour
...and you want to feel better, you are not alone - our services may be able to help.
We can offer support through our free one-to-one therapy, courses and our peer led groups without a doctors referral.
Therapies are free to access.
Appointment slots: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.
(subject to availability)
(Monday evening appointments may also be available)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can refer yourself into many of our services and groups. Please complete an online self-referral form here.
1. Call us on 0300 330 1354 or complete our self-referral form.
2. We will the contact them in order to book an assessment.
3. They will then be offered a 1-1 telephone assessment.
4. The therapist will discuss with them the different types of therapy available and together they will decide which is best for your referral.
Please note, due to GDPR regulations we won't be able to progress a referral from a partner organisation unless we have their consent to contact them or an information sharing agreement.
Please note, waiting times may vary depending on the type of therapy you wish to access and the current demand. Following assessment, you will be allocated an appropriate therapist from our team who will discuss waiting times with you.
Therapy is confidential; however in exceptional circumstances confidentiality may be broken.
These circumstances could include:
* Where statutory law requires us to inform the relevant authorities (such as terrorist activities, drug trafficking or abuse of a child or vulnerable adult)
* Where you as a client give consent for the confidence to be broken.
* Where in extreme cases were we are legally compelled by a court of law.
* If we believe you are at risk of harm to yourself or others.
All our notes will remain the property of Lancashire Women they will be securely electronically stored by us for 7 years before being destroyed.
No, we understand that not everybody wishes to access support in their local community and you are free to attend activities at any our centres.
All our support is offered in a safe and confidential environment.